Calling all crocheters and knitters! BIG NEWS!
We have been invited to create a yarn installation at the PNE Fairgrounds this summer. A really huge one. One that is so big and beautiful it will create a lasting impact in the minds of the over 700,000 visitors the PNE receives each year.
As you know, Knit City will take place at the historic PNE Forum this Fall. The yarn installation will not only be a major promotional opportunity for the show, it is also a way to put Vancouver’s knitters and crocheters on the map. Remember the yarn decorating for the London Olympics? It is with that spirit with which we want to approach our installation. We know what a wonderful fibre community we have here in Vancouver, now let’s show the rest of the world!
You’ll help us, won’t you? We are looking for volunteers to help us knit or crochet components of the installation by AUGUST 1, 2014.
Here’s what we need:
- Red, White, Green and Orange colours are preferred for all items, though any solid colour will be accepted.
- Worsted weight, solid colour stripes knit in stockinette, garter or single crochet (machine knit items welcome too of course!).
- Stripes can be either 3′ or 5′ long, and as deep as you want them to be. (We are covering 15 trees to a 8′ height)
- Please no variegated or striping yarn.
- Worsted weight bunting flags – 100 in total, approx 3″ wide, in solid colours, using this free pattern.
- Crocheted rocks, as many as we can get, any size.
- Flower or leaf garlands, as many as we can get.
- Felt ball garlands
Please check out our Pinterest Board for ideas on our vision, and to find the free bunting pattern.
You can also drop items off or mail them to:
109-3637 Cambie St.
We are also planning some knit-in and yarn donation dates right now, and will keep you posted when they are confirmed.
Please help us spread the word! Let’s show the world what a dedicated community of crafty individuals can accomplish!